Saturday, June 21, 2008

Places of Worship

In 2002 we took a few weeks to explore Costa Rica and there began my photo diary of ‘places of worship’. No matter the size of the town in Costa Rica, at the absolute center was the soccer field flanked by the church. Interestingly, this order directly reflects the priorities of the people too...But we WERE there during the World Cup, so everything was all about soccer.

Anyway, I was so intrigued by these churches – they were all very different architecturally and usually very colorful. Since 2002, my diary of pictures has grown and spans the globe.

The whole process has been encouraging...discouraging... interesting...perplexing and ongoing.

Some places of worship are really monuments – empty, ornate, massive, costly. While others are sincere....regardless of size or appointment.

As time allows, I hope to start sharing some of my collection here.

No comments: