Sunday, September 27, 2009

Love at First Site

Well I arrived in Arusha yesterday afternoon and crashed at my hotel following a light dinner. Early to rise this morning for the next round of flights from Arusha to ...this!! We flew on a small airplane and made several stops along the way on grass landing strips - dropping people off and picking people up - to arrive at Singita Sasakway. Our first 'siting' to the left was this lovely giraffe enjoying an afternoon snack!
The lodge is other worldly! My room is a picture of design and African antiquities with a private plunge pool overlooking the Gremetti Reserve. I am on a short break before heading out for our first official game drive. I can't wait!! Following tomorrow morning's drive, we will take out on mountain bikes for a more physical interaction with this amazing land.

No comments: