Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Ceviche



On a recent trip to Cabo, I made it my mission to find the BEST ceviche. I first tried this awesome fresh fish deliciousness when we went to Costa Rica in 2002 and it has been a favorite ever since.


So after searching high and low, my favorite was at The Sea Grill at Las Ventanas. I ordered a sample of all of their ceviches (5 varieties) and they were all standouts really. BUT, my favorite was their Coconut Sea Bass Ceviche – supper refreshing! And as usual, I asked for the recipe and so….here you go!


Ingredients:


600 g Sea bass Fish Fillet


1 pz Carrot


1/2 pz Cucumber


1/4 pz Red Onion


6 oz Lime Juice


1 pz Jalapeño Chili Pepper


1 Bunch Cilantro


4 oz Natural Coconut Milk


Salt to taste



Procedure:




  • Cut in small cubes and Marinate the Sea bass in lime juice for half an hour to one Hour

  • Chop all vegetables into small cubes and marinate in lime juice

  • Take off the Sea bass from lime juice

  • Mix with chop vegetables, Jalapeño chile and Cilantro

  • Add the Coconut Milk

  • Season to taste


So in all honesty, I am not sure what ‘pz’ is an abbreviation for. I made the recipe and substituted tilapia for the sea bass and just did ‘some’ carrots, cucumbers & onions. It turned out wonderful. The sea bass of course would have been better – with its delicate buttery flavor – but at $30 / pound, I decided to experiment with tilapia. It worked out great.

No comments: